Removing a DLP projector color wheel

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PuffPed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Removing a DLP projector color wheel

Postby PuffPed » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Hey all.

I'm looking into removing the color wheel from my X152H DLP projector, and I was looking for any information about the process.
Has anyone here done this?
Does anyone have any links to a guide, post or any kind of information about this?
Do I need to worry about focus, with the changes in the optical path?
Can I expect a big increase in UV output ?

Thanks.