UV LED Mod Wattage

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Unison
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

UV LED Mod Wattage

Postby Unison » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 am

I am going to modify an HP vp6120 projector with 365nm UV LEDs, and was wondering if anyone knows what LED wattage would be sufficient for curing UV sensitive resin, or how to find it out by calculation.

Also I found these LED chips, however I am concerned that the light from the larger ones above 10w might be too diffused and omnidirectional (because of the number and the distance of/between the LEDs) as opposed to a projector lamp which emits collimated light. Has anyone experimented with the dimensions of the light panel surface which would still give you a focused image?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231610070122

Thanks