Colour wheel

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johnrpm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Colour wheel

Postby johnrpm » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:28 pm

To allow maximum UV I removed the coloured glass segments from the colour wheel, using wide jaw
pliers, with a firm but gentle grip, as close to the hub as possible, twist off each glass segment, I was
lucky, the segments came away cleanly, in tact, where they were glued on.

the unit is then replaced back into the projector, a bldc motor drives the colour wheel, which
also has a pickup to read rpm, without the signal from the pickup my projector refuses to operate.

I have glued a prism to the colour wheel cover with eoxy, the prism will accept the 10mm pmma
rod with polished ends, which exits to the rear of the projector, where the uv led's will be.

pics to come.
Random Precision