What projector quality?

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pouryatorabi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What projector quality?

Postby pouryatorabi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi all,
I was searching for dlp projectors and i see that some of them are really expensive and also large. For example Panasonic PT-DZ770UK, or PT-DX100UK which is 1024*768.
Do these projector really differ from cheap ones except their Lumens? I mean do they give finer parts and better surfaces? I've seen some machines that work with these kind of projectors but I don't know why exactly they use these projectors.
Another thing I've seen, some expensive projectors have motorized lenses which give the user to calibrate the projector easily, can creation workshop use these lenses to calibrate the projector?

sodium

Re: What projector quality?

Postby sodium » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:22 pm

i think that 2500 lumens are enough to cure most resins in a reasonable time. more lumens maybe counterproductive ( more hot ).

if youy are no happy with your current projector, search for a 1080p dlp. the cheap acer ( 1500, 6510 ) has serious uneveness light output across the plataform. b9 creator use vivitek, i dont remeber the exact model ( 910 hd or 1185hd ).

dangre

Re: What projector quality?

Postby dangre » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:01 am

mUVe uses an unmodified ViewSonic 1280×800 PJD5533W or 1920×1080 PJD7820HD

Solus uses InFocus In8606HD or Vivitek H1185HD
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP