DLP projector options

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
avinash3333bhat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DLP projector options

Postby avinash3333bhat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi All,

I have narrowed down the search for dlp projector to these three:
1. Infocus in220i
http://www.infocus.com/projectors/offic ... ries/IN220
2. Dell 2300MP
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Dell-2300MP.htm
3. Mitsubishi xd110U
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Mitsubishi-XD110U.htm
Can you guys tell me which one will be easy to mod...
Also can I use a lens to increase the build area size? since these resolutions won't give me a big enough build area & i'm also on budget so can't buy expensive ones...

Xoxu

Re: DLP projector options

Postby Xoxu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:29 pm

First things, don't take the infocus in220, low native resolution=low printer resolution or small build area.
The two other don't have a good resolution too, maybe if you want a large build area you have to choose a 1280 or more projector, not ready but native!! Very different.

After for the optic and the general quality I don't know, maybe other users can tell you.
To have your final resolution you make x_build_area/x_native_resolution, 100mm/1024=97um
And the same for the y axis

A good printer can down to 50-25um

avinash3333bhat

Postby avinash3333bhat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Thank you for the reply.
I will stick to 100micron X-Y resolution.
I believe Z -resolution will depend on steps_mm. So I can go upto 30 micron for Nema 17 with 1/16th stepping. Will there be any issue with mechanical strength when the resolutions in different axes are not matching?

Xoxu

Postby Xoxu » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:26 pm

No problem to have different resolution but if you want a best result think to put your model with the good orientation to have the best result.

avinash3333bhat

Postby avinash3333bhat » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:39 am

Thanks a lot for the reply :)