Pico-Projector Experiments - part 2

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pico-Projector Experiments - part 2

Postby PacManFan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm

johnrpm

Re: Pico-Projector Experiments - part 2

Postby johnrpm » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 am

Thanks for shareing, I love this stuff, seeing the internals of equipment helps us all.
Random Precision

maxman

Postby maxman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 pm

First of all, thanks to you for your very nice documentation!

You've mentioned that you've got problems to collimate the emitted light.
Isn't it possible to set fibre optics in front of the led with a diameter of 4mm?

Or maybe you can use an optical lens with a diameter of 10mm and a focus of maybe 40-60mm. Because you don't want use the focus point, you don't need to use the whole focus length. You need for example 30mm to reduce the emitted light to a beam of 4mm.
I think a little space between LED and the DLP Chip/lens-in-front-of-it would be nice if you have to cool the LED.

I didn't try it until now, but maybe someone knows if it would work.

greets

maxman

Postby maxman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Hey guys,

I found a projector under the roof :shock: :P

My first thought, ... yeah, i don't have to buy a dlp. It's a pico size model, so i thought it would be a dlp.

I opened it an seperate each thing i will need.... everything was fine and i looked for the dlp unit,...because it must be a dlp....

...WRONG!!! :D

So, what could it be? .... it's a led lcos......

It's really incredible small.

After a few hours of reading, i know how it works. The lcos displays reflect the light instead of let it go through.

It's a little bit of a lcd projector and a dlp.

I would like to convert this projector, so maybe it's possible to print with an other projector type.

Guy, what do you think? Should i try it? I think, i have to replace the led with 10w uv led like steve did and it should work.

@ steve:

If you want, i could post a picture of the "lightchannel" in my projector which bundles the light.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 am

Pacman, very brave to take your dlp apart.. much braver then me.. hehe i bought an acer c120 1 year go..

If anyone is interested please have a look here:
http://3dobjectifying.blogspot.be/2012/ ... 20_12.html

I hope the optics is enough for you todo some printing.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:13 am

maxman,
any chance of some pictures, I can not visualise what its like.
Random Precision