Infocus IN34 - opinions

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hbbeachbum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Infocus IN34 - opinions

Postby hbbeachbum » Wed May 20, 2015 12:26 am

Hello all,
I was given a semi-working Infocus IN34
- the unit is dropping pixels, but I found a dlp chip to put in it for $20USD

Does anyone know anything about these models being used for an SLA printer?

Any feedback is gratefully appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

uncletammy

Re: Infocus IN34 - opinions

Postby uncletammy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

Paul,

Have you had any luck with this? I also have a dying inFocus projector. I would love to be able to use this for an SLA. Can you post a link with more information about the "drop in" dlp chip?

hbbeachbum

Re: Infocus IN34 - opinions

Postby hbbeachbum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Unfortunately, its not a drop-in, you have to disassemble the unit.
There are lots of video's on youtube about DLP repair / chip/board replacement.
Its not difficult, but a little time consuming.
Its really important that you use high-quality thermal paste, if not, you'll be replacing the chip/board frequently.