NEC NP4100

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stustu242
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEC NP4100

Postby stustu242 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Hello from Australia.

I have built two repraps, the second one of which I partially designed myself, and now want to build my own DLP projector printer. I will likely be using the bottom up approach to save on resin costs. I have been silently looking through many posts on this forum, and am grateful for this knowledge base.

I am starting by looking to buy a DLP projector. I would like to buy second hand to save some money, unless there is a good reason why buying a new projector is a better option. I have a budget of under AUD 600 (about USD 450 MAX). I have seen second hand & ex-lease NEC NP4100 pop up on ebay a couple times, and appears to be a high end theatre data projector.

The brief specs are:
- 2009 model
- 6200 lumens
- 2100:1 contrast
- Dual Lamp ("280W" - I assume this is the combined output)
- Input: DVI-D (no HDMI)
- Native resolution: 1024x768

Here is the link to the listing with more extensive specifications in the description: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251912206817

A few questions:
- Will this work without any internal modifications?
- How quick will cure times be with the dual lamp rated at 280W?
- Do these things wear out? (its possibly 6 years old, and heavily used (700+ lamp hours))
- How relevant is the contrast ratio when it comes to curing times?

Any thoughts about value for money for what I want to use this projector for or would I be better off by getting a less high end, but newer projector? If so, do you have any suggestions for suitable projectors for under USD 450 that require no internal modification?

Thanks a lot for your time, I hope to share my build with this community later this year.

Stuart

Leinad78

Re: NEC NP4100

Postby Leinad78 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:56 am

stustu242

Postby stustu242 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 am

Hi,

I apologise for the late reply.

Thank you for your info, it is appreciated. I think this I will just bite the bullet and buy a new Acer H6510BD. Ever since I first heard about that projector i have been seeing it increasingly in videos and forums.

I can't find any second hand, so new it is!

I'll think about purchasing that later though.

Thanks again

vinto

Postby vinto » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:19 pm

i think you should look Acer H6520BD

Yogi2010

Postby Yogi2010 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:21 am