Will this LCD screen work? Philips 193V5LSB2

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dcohenb
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Will this LCD screen work? Philips 193V5LSB2

Postby dcohenb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
New here. :)

I'm looking into building an LCD based printer.

I ran into this monitor:
Philips 193V5LSB2
LCD panel type: TFT-LCD
Backlight type: W-LED system
Brightness: 200 cd/m²
Contrast ratio: 700:1

resolution should be about 0.3mm which is fine for my needs.
I have a chance of getting this screen for cheap will it do the job?
anyone can tell me what modifications i need to do to it?

Here are the specs:
http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/55/2e/552e4c ... 16c54d.pdf

And in general, what are the guidelines to finding a suitable screen for this kind of printer?

Thanks,
Daniel.

orangezero

Re: Will this LCD screen work? Philips 193V5LSB2

Postby orangezero » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 am

Most likely not. You need an LED light source such as in a high powered flashlight, but geared toward ~400nm rather than white light. Totally different than the LEDs in the philips you linked to. A better choice is to go with a dlp projector that has cheap, available bulbs.

dcohenb

Postby dcohenb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:06 am

I'm not looking to use a DLP projector cause i want to minify the size of the printer.
anyone else can suggest a suitable screen?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:27 am