Can I use one 3LCD projector model

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
reinaldoaf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can I use one 3LCD projector model

Postby reinaldoaf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi,

first sorry my english,

I want make one resin 3d printer based, and i have one 3LCD projector (EPSON PowerLite W12+)

I see many informations but all is for DLP projectors, attached pictures of my projectors and lens and filters place details...

the light is one mercury based lamp....

the questions.: is possible use it to make one resin 3d printer?
the LCD will broke if I remove UV filter lens?
(I know i will use only one LCD to project when I remove colors filters.)

thank you so much
Attachments
20150225_094819.jpg
20150225_094812.jpg
20150225_094730.jpg

Phife

Re: Can I use one 3LCD projector model

Postby Phife » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 pm

No, it will not work. LCD blocks all UV and a lot of usable light. LCD projectors do not work to cure resin.

Cation

Re: Can I use one 3LCD projector model

Postby Cation » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:21 pm

We have been using the 3-LCD Epson projectors for years. You just need resins that are sensitive up into the Blue spectrum ~460nm.
Use resins that cure from UV up past Blue like these:
http://bucktownpolymers.com/zve200-v470.html

The "consumer" resins only cure from UV up to just past 410nm. As Phife mentioned they won't work with Blue (460nm) light since it's way above the range of sensitivity of those resins.