Projector Query

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nehal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Projector Query

Postby nehal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 am

Hi,

I am new to DLP sla 3d printer.I need some basic information about this process.

1.How do you connect DLP Projector ? is it Standalone connected or It's connected to your computer and Printer or both?
2.How to archive best quality print from DLP 3d printer (Application like - Jewelry Printing - Dental)?
3.Factor mostly impact quality of Print?
4. Bottom up or Top down impact your Quality of print?
5.If i Use high FullHD Projector it's improve quality of Print?

Thanks.
NP

PomeroyB

Re: Projector Query

Postby PomeroyB » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 am

1. The printer's electronics (motors, PCB, etc.) and the DLP projector are both connected to the computer. Creation Workshop sends images to the projector over VGA or HDMI, and sends GCode to the electronics over USB. Advanced users can also connect their projector to the computer using RS-232, and gain the ability to turn the projector on at the start of a print, and off at the end.

2. This is influenced by the mechanics of the printer, the projector resolution, the type of resin used, the pigmentation in the resin, and the quality of the 3D model. People who get amazing quality are people who spend hours tweaking these variables in a way that works for them.

3. I'd say that out of all the factors, the resin you use is the most important... It's also the most difficult to keep consistent.

4. Top down printers can have issues with resin viscosity and bulging of layers. Bottom up printers can have issues with the sticking forces breaking models mid print. Both have pros and cons... Though most professional ($500,000+) resin printers are top down, which may tell you something.

5. A higher projector resolution will result in a higher X/Y resolution on your model. It does not affect the Z resolution.

Welcome to the forum!

nehal

Postby nehal » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:44 am

MonkeySchool

Postby MonkeySchool » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello.
I am completely new to the SLA DLP world. I have been an avid RepRap community member, built a couple different FIlament 3d printers and needed a new challenge. WHat better than a SLA printer. SO I purchased a DropLit kit, put it together, and am now trying to control my box...

1. I can slice in Creation Workshop, control Z in Matter COntrol, not CW.
2. ican see the calibration grid, but when I click print timer moves but nothing else happends...