Retina iPad Display

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
anthony.julu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Retina iPad Display

Postby anthony.julu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Sid,
It's unfortunate that you have used up so many screens so far. Upon reading your reply, I had thought that there's no more hope for color LCD. But reading further down to Phife's comment, I think you can retry your screen and hope you can get better result.

On the other hand, glad that color LCD may still have a chance. Another guy in a neighbouring thread posted that he managed to cure Makerjuice SF, 150 micron in 15 seconds, still slower than Anderson's last result (if he would just reconfirm it for us here), but still demonstrates that layer curing is possible.

@phife,
It will be great if you take the time to do the test you described earlier. For a while, color LCD seemed to be an exciting alternative, but it seems to be dying out recently

SIDRANA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SIDRANA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Greetings Dear Phife;

Many thanks for your direction. Out of nine screens I broke off two, stripped out four, one died, and purchased four more to stock them.

Sincere Regards

Sid

SIDRANA

Postby SIDRANA » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello Dear Anthony,

Quite soon I am going to try the iPad screen again, Thanks to Phife he pointed out on my light source being below 400nm.

Warm Regards

Sid

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:57 pm

I've since stopped working on using the Retina display, after the last reading with the radiometer, I figured it would be best to try and join efforts with Phife to design something around the monochrome displays.

I should be doing some testing on those soon.
@AndersonHTa

Cation

Postby Cation » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:08 pm

The Epson LCD projectors don't pas any UV since they use three separate LCD's each with their own bandpass Red (635nm), Green (530nm), Blue (460nm) filter.

The LED based mini or pico projectors only use Red (635nm), Green (530nm), Blue (460nm)

The -V470 versions of the Bucktown Polymers resins are sensitive up to just below the Green (530nm)

If you require a more sensitive version of the blue cure -v470 resins just ask them for that. They may be blended to cure so rapidly with Blue light that they will melt any vat coating used. Top projection onto the surface will be the answer to that problem.

The resins on the market that only cure from UV to ~420nm won't work very well with LCD's or 460nm Blue LED's as you are finding out.

The ipad Retina displays pass Blue ~460nm just fine just like the Epson LCD projectors.

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:45 am

Hello guys,

I bought the Daylight Resin from http://www.photocentric3d.com/
Wonder if you tried it, or are willing to try it on your iPad Displays.

I actually already bought a driver for the iPad Display but will have to wait for delivery.
If someone lives in Europe (I live in Sweden), I could send a sample of the resin (PM me).

Would be great if the normal backlight would be sufficient to cure the resin.
(I guess so since this is what they do with their own printer).

PS.
Is the actual LCD panel close to surface of the display?
I did some experiments (http://www.kvistholm.se/Daylight-Resin) where I got the resin to cure on my laptop screen.
Although XY-resolution was horrible due to light-diffusion through the glass that sits on top of the display.

If your experiments with UV matrix did not have XY-resolution problems, then I guess the backlight won't either.

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:47 am

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm

@AndersonHTa

Kvirre

Postby Kvirre » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 am

AndersonTa

Postby AndersonTa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:45 pm

@AndersonHTa