Optoma ML500

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spaceman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Optoma ML500

Postby spaceman » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Hello

I have the opportunity to acquire . Can anyone tell me if it will cure FTD resin, normal mods (color wheel, throw distance) aside?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Optoma ML500

Postby PacManFan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:26 pm

According to the specs, it's only 500 lumens. Additionally, it's a LED-based projector. It might not have the right UV frequencies (385-405nm) to cure resin properly, and it might not be bright enough.

spaceman

Re: Optoma ML500

Postby spaceman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks Pacmanfan

I was concerned about the lumens myself. I cannot seem to find any info on the UV spectrum of the LED either. I was hoping someone might have had first hand knowledge. I'll pass on the unit I think

Space......