Hitachi CP-S225 LCD proyector

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kileitza
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hitachi CP-S225 LCD proyector

Postby kileitza » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi!
I’m Iñaki from Spain. Me and friends are making our first DLP printer in colaboration with Hirikilabs (a kind of makerspace).
I got a LCD proyector for free but it is LCD (it’s at least 10 year old...). As you could see in the attached document it is different from DLP proyectors. The light from the bulb in divided in 3 beams that crosses the LCD “sensors” and comes together again in the focus. There seems to be some kind of filters/glassess before and after the sensors
I wondered if any of you have some experience with such kind of proyectors and if this one could be used for SLA printing...
I also include a picture of the printer we are building
Many thanks and regards!
Attachments
HITACHI CP-S225.doc
(151.5 KiB) Downloaded 721 times

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Hitachi CP-S225 LCD proyector

Postby PacManFan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Unfortunately, LCD projector will not work. The LCD filter most of the UV light from the bulb. You will need a DLP projector.

kileitza

Re: Hitachi CP-S225 LCD proyector

Postby kileitza » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 pm

aaaahh! it's a pity! Have to purchase one them...
Many thanks anyway pacmanfan
Iñaki