EKB

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EKB

Postby adambx » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:46 am

Are there any picos with 1080p?

Kvirre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kvirre » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 am

(If the question was directed to me)

Seems like the are only making a batch for the P300 (1280x800), but on a general note I have not seen any pico's with 1080p.

Meanwhile I will try to mod a old pico I have laying around : Samsung Pico SP-H03 (DLP)
My guide will be a teardown I found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMdeBb2-bM

But I guess I will find out how the light-engine is designed once I opened it.
I would like not ask you here at the forums for help regarding 2 issues.

1 - Which LED's should be replaced (R, G, B) since the all have filters along the light-path
2 - Which wavelength should be used for the replacement-LED's (and where to fit them R,G,B position)?

My concerns are ofc. durability vs. maximized curing-ability.

I found this thread helpful : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=180
"I know for a fact that 2 Leds - (402nm & 365nm) 3W Leds will suffice for a pico projector of 102x78mm at a layer speed of 3-6 second"

No mentioned what LED's were replaced and so on.

Could someone please shed some "light" on this matter .... :oops:

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 am