Optoma EP749

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tom-res
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Optoma EP749

Postby tom-res » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi!

I'm hoping to start a build very soon and wanted to get an opinion on an Optoma EP749 projector I've found relatively cheap on craigslist.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-EP749.htm

Any opinions on the projector? Seems like lumens and bulb wattage are comparable to others' builds. The contrast doesn't seem to be too high though- would this be a problem?
Would I have to modify the projector or leave as is?

Thanks!