Beamer delay

This is the place to discuss DLP projectors, UV Lasers, Galvanometers, LCD screens and similar display devices. Also discussed are optics in general.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
duckprinter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beamer delay

Postby duckprinter » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 am

Hey,
I have a Viewsonic projector (pjd7820hd) and noticed at my last print, that it has a delay to show the slice or show blank. The problem was that the machine lifted before the projector showed blank.
I solved it writing a "<delay> 500" between the <blank> and the lift command.
Did someone notice something similar?
Toby

Glacian22

Re: Beamer delay

Postby Glacian22 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:13 pm

I had this problem when I was running CW on my old netbook, and I did the same exact thing with adding a half second delay! The problem went away completely when I switched to a more powerful computer. You wouldn't think that CW would be that resource intensive, but maybe it isn't releasing the memory and cycles it needs for the 3D rendered screen when you switch away from it?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:01 pm

I also had this issue when I was using VGA on my old Dell laptop. Switched out to HDMI and hasn't been a issue since.

duckprinter

Postby duckprinter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 am

Thanks for your help. It should be the VGA-port. At the moment I have to stay at this configuration because my laptop doesn't have a HDMI-port.