New ultra fast printing process

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
thangtamfive
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New ultra fast printing process

Postby thangtamfive » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 am

So apparently, O2 can retard photo resin curing. So carbon3D uses this to ensure that their figures never 'stick' to the film, and the exposure plane is set about 25 microns in front of the tank bottom. They basically then continually 'pull' the object from the resin in a very rapid fashion with no sticking.

* FEP film has decent O2 permeability. Perhaps layer cure times of 1-2 seconds or more are due to O2 in the FEP/Resin interface. Would we better off focusing slightly INTO the resin, and pulling the part from there?
* I now plan on modifying a pico projector with near uv leds, and then mounting that to a micrometer carriage. That way I can focus onto the FEP film and then 'defocus' it by 1 thousandth of an inch so that the full print plane is in the resin outside the O2 deadzone.
* Are there other chemically inert films with better O2 permeability?
* Could gore tex work? Fluid impermeable but lets a lot of gas through. Translucent though, so blurring may be a problem.

I haven't stopped work on my software. Just been busy with work. Microtome is coming along nicely. I still need to fix up some small artifacts in the slice, and then I will configure it to save out slice images and call that 0.1. Then second screen support and controller z axis.