Redesign of the FlexVat for the LittleRP

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fraggle68
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Redesign of the FlexVat for the LittleRP

Postby fraggle68 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm

The FlexVat for the LittleRP is a big help, however, so completely I was not contented with the design. In spite of the strings of the PFT foil I could straighten the build plate not 100% flat on the foil.
Now I have tried out something and have come on a very easy solution which finds like me, some advantages with himself brings.
I have constructed a frame directly in the opening of the LittleRP fits and as a glass layer I use an acrylic glass XT with a high UV light permeability.

The advantage in this solution is:

1. The build plate lies 100% flat
2. The distance to the projector is reduced
3. The foil of the FlexVats must not be stretched any more so tightly, because it lies on the acrylic glass.
4. you do not need any longer the bottom Frame of the Vat who tight the foil.

Am curious on your opinion

Greeting

Kai from Germany - Goldschmith and Rhino artist
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (26.33 KiB) Viewed 18589 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (37.15 KiB) Viewed 18589 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 18589 times

HTL

Re: Redesign of the FlexVat for the LittleRP

Postby HTL » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Kai

I have been testing a design that uses a support plate also (I have had requests for vats with an acrylic support under the FEP). One of the problems I saw was the FEP film would tend to stick to the acrylic support plate which does not allow the FEP film to bulge slightly upwards when the build plate lifts between exposures (the FEP films ability to lift creates peeling edges anywhere the print touches the FEP film, this makes the peel much easier). I am testing a vented support that allows a bit of air in under the FEP when needed. The FEP is still under tension but not as tight as the drumhead vats.

BTW this is a two piece vat there is no separate riser plate.

I am still sorting out some design issues and testing vats so it will still be a month or so before a vat with an acrylic support sees the light of day over at flexvat.com

HTL

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 am

Here are a few new prints with my improvements. Made with FunToDo black and Makejuice SF Red.
Attachments
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

C3DC

Postby C3DC » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:50 pm

fraggle68

Postby fraggle68 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm

The LittleRP is wonderful and works great if your are accept the fact that you have to modify the printer for own desire. It is not a push button machine like the other expensive Printers but he makes me happy every day.
Attachments
6.jpg