help needed- seeking a printer to hack

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nanoguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

help needed- seeking a printer to hack

Postby nanoguy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:11 am

Hey,
I am looking to make a super high resolution DLP based printer. my aim is to get an XY resolution of 1 micron or less and Z 1 micron. I want to buy a printer and take out the optics and the DLP and put in mine instead.
I am debating between: solus, b9 creator, little RP, kudo 3D and maybe ember. any input on using these printers for the project or if you recommend any other one, would be great. the main issues I am interested in are:
1. The pealing mechanism- how good they would be with very small delicate prints.
2. Software - how open it is- how easy / hard it will be to interface - would you recommend some 3rd party software that will allow me to control the DLP , Z stepper , pealing mechanism.
3. open source - i guess the only real open source is the little RP ? ( the ember is considered open but i hear the software isn't really)

Your help is soo appreciated. thanks

dangre

Re: help needed- seeking a printer to hack

Postby dangre » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:15 am

Check out mUVe (opensource):

http://www.muve3d.net/
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

nanoguy

Postby nanoguy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 pm

hey thanks, looks relevant- do you know about their (mUVe 3D) peeling mechanism? would it be preferable for delicate parts?

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:44 pm

The mUVe peel is just another way of reducing suction forces vs. a straight up peel. It was devised before they had their standard FEP vat. The nice thing is you can either choose to use it or not. It is more beneficial for larger parts with larger suction forces. Check out their forum for additional information.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

Jeweltool

Postby Jeweltool » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 pm

.1 micron

$4,900.00

Link:

nanoguy

Postby nanoguy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 pm

hey thanks for that, i asked for a quote from them some time back and they weren't selling them yet. do you know if they are for sale now? thanks

Jeweltool

Postby Jeweltool » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 pm

I do not think the price is correct in the article after reading their website.

goldi80

Postby goldi80 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:03 pm

1u don not exist jet

Best you can get whit projector see Intel factory((not digital the use film) but impossible to print resin is problem
the best thor lens for laser is 16u ,normall lens 25u china lens from ebay 0.05mm if your lucky.

The best 3d printer print are envisiontec this is what i see 39u old, now the have 60u real german micron heh
every thing else you need to polish. you see layers .

Regards.

Tim.Yoshi

Postby Tim.Yoshi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 pm

B9C v1.2 gives you real native 30um @ 1920x1080 resolution projector with 57x32mm field. 1um resolution at 1920x1080 should be like 1.9x1mm build space. Are you OK with that? :)

goldi80

Postby goldi80 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 pm

https://www.b9c.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... i80#p12725

This is what i want to make hi made all wrong.

By now is the worst printer i have it and never use it , only use software for support.
the print are not bad but is slow it need to 5 min get start after that it stops no reason then start mixing X axis (slide) for no reason then on finish start working after 6h