PDMS issue

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PDMS issue

Postby Nitros » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 am

Lately My LR keep doing this, after few layers the PDMS ruin and the print fail, what could be the PDMS too think? or the projector too strong?
0quze3xsu7rj.jpg

86rspdacm3p6.jpg

HTL

Re: PDMS issue

Postby HTL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:17 am

It looks to me like your initial layers are too thick. thick layers get very hot an can destroy your release layer be it pdms or fep. I would suggest re-leveling and re zeroing your build plate and starting your prints with the build plate very lightly touching the pdms so that you are guaranteed thin initial layers. also, you can find petri dishes on ebay.

HTL

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:22 am

I managed to print One I'm happy with the finish but as you can see has been a issue with one layer which got stucked on the PDMS
http://dropmefiles.com/GLZjX

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:01 pm

What's wrong with this pics?
IMG_20160917_185335.jpg