What current DLP OPtions exist for the Hobbyist?

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wirelessguyny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What current DLP OPtions exist for the Hobbyist?

Postby wirelessguyny » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi folks.

I thought I'd ask more of a generic question today of the group here at large. Many of us are tinkerers at heart and are here because there is a likely still a lack of options for the hobbyist/consumer that is looking to dabble with 3D Printing but can't quite justify the expenditure for a printer without a means of recouping such an investment (as least that's the boat I feel I'm in).

So I'd like to hear a bit about what optioned there are today (Fall 2016) for either DLP printers under $2,000 (or prefereably under $1,000) and what might existing as DLP kits that you know of?

Feel free to add anything you think relevant to this thread (URL links, photos, pricing etc...)

All the best,
- WG

hp_

Re: What current DLP OPtions exist for the Hobbyist?

Postby hp_ » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:01 pm

wirelessguyny,

do you have a specfice requirement to product resolution. to narrow down your list of options?

cheers,
hp

doprodlp

Postby doprodlp » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:02 pm

do you need a printer or a kit -without a DLP projector- for $2000-$1000 ??
some projectors are very near to $1000 price

like hp_ told you must say what is the resolution you might be using (X-Y resolution)
for a 1080 projector, "standard" resolutions and printing areas are
100micron>> 192x108 mm
75micron>> 144x81 mm
50micron>> 96x54 mm
25micron>> 48x27 mm

some projectors wont work properly at the exact resolution you need but you need to choose the resolution or the build area you need first.

little rp is good if you are a beginner in 3d printing at all
http://www.littlerp.com/
Making professional 3D Printing, affordable.

communicate@doprodlp.xyz

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:10 am

The mUVe dlp machines are quite DIY friendly...

http://www.muve3d.net/press/product-cat ... -printers/
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP