Bottom up design, 90degree angle or straight

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glentved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bottom up design, 90degree angle or straight

Postby Glentved » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I am just about to build my first DLP printer, I have never seen one so I try to read up on it. I have all the components and only need the cabinet.
I have had a very hard time reading up on this, because much changes over time. I have decided on a bottom up with a flexivat approach, I build in active tilting. If this is a stupid idea, please tell me now.

Regarding the design, all I find has the projector in a 90 degree angle and a mirror. Why do that? why not just straight on without a mirror? does the flexivats / fep film break sometimes, so that the projector gets soaked? or is it to save space?

mrelhashemy

Re: Bottom up design, 90degree angle or straight

Postby mrelhashemy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:20 pm

of course you can go for the direct setup and don't use the mirror. the fep film might be cut, but it's according to your usage like if you use sharp tools to clean it.