sci-fi sla printers and little more

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
apoage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

sci-fi sla printers and little more

Postby apoage » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:38 am

hmm, just while im working on my printer two things came to my mind

i just read a lot of well not always useful things and i also wanted to post something interesting

the first:
Casimir force z axis printer .. the point it in to use Casimir force to negate wan der wall force(also gravity force) and rise cured model up. it would by magical way to print just to have pool from which grows printed object
but the math beside it is totally insane simply its a little over the edge
missing thing is an casimir force emitter in such scale possible way would be to cheat with ultrasound wave modelling

second (a little offtopic)
the idea i have is little older to me and it came then i was reading about SLS specifically electron beam welding and MetalicaRap
in this printer is the electron beam focused by magnetic filed. simple right :D
the material from we print is also magnetic
and now then we move idea futher we could model magnetic field to position metalic particles
imagine that like torus of rotating particles and in middle electron beam which melts particles in a place after each particle get to right place ... well kind of stellarator(kind of fusion reactor) particle accelerator 3d printer

ok this was my sci-fi ideas
going back to simple things around dlp/laser sla :lol:

James

Re: sci-fi sla printers and little more

Postby James » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Nice ideas! :D

One of those already exists! http://www.arcam.com It uses electron beams to do the sintering. :D
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

lasersafe1

Re: sci-fi sla printers and little more

Postby lasersafe1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:01 pm

And they are claiming patents out the wazoo. Spoil sports!