Prints turning white in some places, how to rinse?

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cwmain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prints turning white in some places, how to rinse?

Postby cwmain » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

(The white part on the print is not a reflection)

My prints are turning white in some places.
I'm using red MakerJuice SF.
I rinse the completed print in Isopropyl alcohol for about 2 min.
Then I put them in the sun.

In the print in the picture, the Isopropyl alcohol probably sat in that crevice for too long, but it is happening in all of my prints.
Should I rinse them in water? Should I rinse them in Isopropyl alcohol for just about 10 seconds?
What do you guys do after your prints are done to clean them?
Thank you!

s1000rr

Re: Prints turning white in some places, how to rinse?

Postby s1000rr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Hey,

I had the same problem with Makerjuice even after rinsing it under a shower of water. Found that if you let it sit in water for something like 5mins after rinsing/sit in alcohol than that white cured alcohol residue seemed to gone.

Cheers