Future of this forum?

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Future of this forum?

Postby Leinad78 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 am

Hello guys,

i´d like to have a little chat about the future of this forum and creation workshop in general.

As one can see from the statictics, the last login from Steve was at 28.12.2105 and i really struggle he will come back.

The process of moving Creation Workshop to a totally different website and the lack of feature update, which was said to have so many new features, really makes me feel sad on the future of this forum.

We currently have so many spam poster in this forum, i feel its slowly dying :?

Any thoughts on that?

nc42
Site Admin

Re: Future of this forum?

Postby nc42 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 am

I can't comment on CW because no one but Steve and his partners know what's going on there.

As for the board I think that the draw of building your own SLA/DLP printer has diminished with all the commercial printers available at some what reasonable prices. I also know that for me the holidays and a new baby took my attention away from my printer and projects. That said I plan on working on my printer more and maybe even building another one.

I think if we want to keep the board alive it means people sharing more info. It can be difficult though because everyone's printer is different here (except the littlerp guys) I think one thing people who are interested in keeping the site alive can do is to make FAQs or new threads with the knowledge/ideas from the different areas condensed down. I think that for all the amazing info on making printers here most of it is buried deep in threads that might not have a title that represents the useful bit of info contained within. I think the easier we can make it for other people to find the info they need to build a printer the more people will become involved. At the end of the day while it takes a bit of work it is still MUCH cheaper to build your own then buy a commercial machine. It might not be as pretty and it might take a bit of work to get it dialed.

The spam is annoying and a fact of life on any board even if you don't see it. It seems to have gotten a little better as of late

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Future of this forum?

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 am

I'd like to chime in here guys -
Yes, it's been a while since I logged in. As many of you know, I've joined with DataTree3d, The software is currently in transition. We're splitting it off into a free version with open source, and a more paid / advanced feature suite of tools. I'll be checking in periodically, I'm still trying to find a better solution for the spam.