Best way to produce a ring?

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sorosha
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best way to produce a ring?

Postby sorosha » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Hello evey body.
I made my very first dlp printer with arduino and ramps and a dlp projector, when printing flat and big objects every thing is fine :D , but when i try to print a ring with negative slop and delicate details the results were disaster
812829032_150102.jpg

That image is to be a ring, but unfortunately when printing it with decent number of supports, supports didnt print and ring fail to print.
What is the problem and how to solve it.
Thanks in advance.

James

Re: Best way to produce a ring?

Postby James » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Did you ever figure it out?
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

sorosha

Postby sorosha » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Newbie01

Postby Newbie01 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:04 pm

I would say quite the opposite. You'll probably find you are underexposing the smaller features of the ring, and either exposing properly or overexposing for the larger areas. Larger areas will receive more light diffusion and penetration, but mainly heat from surrounding pixels that are being cured.

I'd recommend either use honeycomb to reduce your large areas, find software that offers hotspot compensation so you can up the exposure in order for the smaller features to form while manually reducing the exposure for the larger areas, or simply find a resin that has less bleed, lower penetration depth and is will not cure from heat.