Washing prints with?

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Washing prints with?

Postby hp_ » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:52 pm

sofar i have been using Alcohol to clean the printed parts before post curing.

I've read on the pegasus SLA printer kickstarter page that you can also use :
Tripropylene Glycol Methyl Ether (TPM)

anyone else using this?

johnrpm

Re: Washing prints with?

Postby johnrpm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:46 pm

TPM is water soluable and works well, but not nice to use, its a bit like diesel, It may be hard to get in small quantities, the best stuff I have used it concentrated orange juice, "label cleaner", very expensive, I would stick with propanol and cure all tissue for disposal.

So as sla printers get more popular, cleaning and waste disposal will need sorting, maybe a miniature washer on some crowd sourcing site???.
Random Precision

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 pm

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Years ago we had a honey spinner to reclaim as much resin as possible, so maybe a washer with spin cycle for reclaim,then pump and spray heads for cleaning, or ultrasonic,then a spin cycle to dry, then uv post cure, all done with an arduino.
Random Precision

hp_

Postby hp_ » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Doesn't the form1 have a tray for post-processing?

for example the miicraft has a post-cure section in the machine.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm

I think the Form1 printer does have a post-processing kit. If other printer kits have them, it should be advertised more, or be an additional purchasable add-on.