Precious Metal Deposition: on the Concept of Budget/DIY Methods for 3D Printing

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nicamarvin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Precious Metal Deposition: on the Concept of Budget/DIY Methods for 3D Printing

Postby nicamarvin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:39 am

Good Morning Friends, My Name is Marvin, I am not new to the Consept of Metalizing none-conductive objects, I will be assembling my own 3D Printer during the next year(DLP), I am very excited to join this new revolution, I am usually very thorough when I am about to embark on a new field, but so far I have yet to find a user friendly System(DIY or COTS) of Metal Deposition(Copper, Silver, Gold,) for High Resolution 3D printed objects, I believe this combo of High Resolution 3D printers and Low Cost/DIY Metalizing will have an big impact on this field(Rapid Prototyping).

I have a few ideas on how to go about doing such sytem and I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject,

3D Printed prototypes can be Coated with Matals by the following methods, PVD/CVD(Physical Vapor Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition) Electroplating(Electrochemical deposition) Electroless Plating(auto-catalytic plating)