materialsGIRL

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
raw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

materialsGIRL

Postby raw » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm very much inspired by the great community you have built here! I'm a chemist, currently launching a new site loosely centered around materials science, called materialsGIRL . One of the topics we're interested in is the chemistry & materials of 3D printing. This site is such an amazing resource for learning the engineering aspects of SLA - we can only aspire to create a similar resource for materials science.

Please take a peek and offer your feedback? I know we can learn a lot from each other!

raw

Re: materialsGIRL

Postby raw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:23 pm

we're building a wiki of printable materials. what features are most important to you guys?

http://discourse.materialsgirl.co/t/3d- ... -wiki/17/5

raw

Postby raw » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Happy new year guys!

We've started compiling a bunch of photopolymer resources for those of you who want to learn more about the chemistry of 3D printing:
http://discourse.materialsgirl.co/t/pho ... s/18?u=raw

James

Postby James » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Nice job so far! Nice site name too! :D

I think for me I would like to see SLA materials with strength and toughness comparable to injection molded plastics.
More developments in ceramics and metals via sintering of SLA printed materials.
Find a way to do something similar to two photon 3D printing without the super expensive laser equipment.
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)

raw

Postby raw » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks James!

Great ideas. We're working hard...

James

Postby James » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:10 am

I had seen the article, however thanks for pointing me to it. I'm always happy to learn of new things 3D printing related.

Thanks too for telling me / us about the ABS like resin from Formlabs. Now that I didn't know about! Very interesting!
I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing. :)