Research Topics

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndersonTa

Research Topics

Postby AndersonTa » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:18 pm

So I've landed a job where I will be researching DLP/SLA printers more or less full time (with a focus on bioengineering though), but aside from my own interests, I wanted to see what are some other topics others would like to explore given time and resources.

What do we want to know more about or start exploring?
Last edited by AndersonTa on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
@AndersonHTa

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Research Topics

Postby PacManFan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:38 am

I would have to say:
-Display devices - DLP, LCDs (I know a few work), pico-projectors
-Vat coatings
-Mixed material printing
-Combination UV resin/ inkjet printing - (Stratasys machines)

tetelestia

Postby tetelestia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 pm

One thing I'm curious about is that the Peachy Printer is a bottom up printer which floats the resin on water and just lets the surface tension pull the resin over the top of the printed part without tilting or shaking the resin.

Is this a viable option? Is there a resin with a low enough viscosity and surface tension that it'll reliably flow over the top of the part without being moved.

hp_

Postby hp_ » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Anderson,

ask we discussed in the channel,

i'd propose:
- print method - detach from vat(bottom up approach) when going to larger print area's, eg solidator approach?
- automatic support generation, a must
- dlp eco-system, pre-processing, slicing, printing, cleaning, curing, post-processing
- micro-channels - or uncured resin detection in model(stl)

pizzaslice

Postby pizzaslice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 am

How does the solidator achieve lift off!? Does it use a non sticking layer, resilient layer, tilt mechanism or xy movement and PDMS film really curious!!?