To Build a 3D Printer with a video projector

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stefde3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

To Build a 3D Printer with a video projector

Postby stefde3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:36 am

Hi there,

i'm here to learn how to build my own 3D printer from a video projector.

I've already bought a non-working video projector (only the yelow color is not working) for 10$ (only the shipping ^^)

I would like to know because i already dismantled it. is this wrong ?

I understood that we should use some parts of it but not all of it. I have as well 2 lamps (one new delivered with it)

i just need to know as well what kind of staff i have to buy now to start building it and a construction plan.

Here is the video projecteor once dismantled :

Thanks for your help ;)

Xoxu

Re: To Build a 3D Printer with a video projector

Postby Xoxu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 am

First thing, it is a dlp so no problem to use it
Second thing, if only the yellow color doesn't work it is only because the color wheel is broken, try to locate between the lamp and the light canal.
Good news because you don't need the color wheel.(be careful because maybe the projector doesn't work without so try and if you need just put on the side)
You need to put off the UV filter to, just after the lamp, in square glass...
And changing the zoom to have a good focus(you can found many example in this forum)
Nothing else.
If you post the model of this projector maybe someone can tell you more

After that you need some hardware staff to build the printer itself.
Depend of what you want, for a first try maybe this one is enough

Xoxu

stefde3

Postby stefde3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi there,
it's a PLUS U4-237

Someone i know made one like this :

But he doesn't answer me. I guess i should'nt have dismantled it...
dare me !!!

anyway , it is functionnal et yes i know that we don't need the color staff.

guess i just have to recover it :roll:

Thanks for your help.

Still i need to make a card behond this but what do i need to do this ?

Xoxu

Postby Xoxu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:52 am

It's a 1024*768 so you can't have a good resolution and a good printing size bit it's enough for the beginning.
And yes you have to assemble the projector again...

You need an other card yes, an arduino and a motor driver, after that it's relatively easy to make your first print