Post Cure Lamp

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcguinnessdr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post Cure Lamp

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon May 25, 2015 11:19 pm

I've thus far been using the sun to post cure my prints, but I'm printing in higher quantities now, and having to wait for the next day to be able to cure prints that finish in the evening is becoming less than ideal. So what are you guys using to post cure your prints? I've heard some mention of using uv nail dryers, is this an option? Or should I get a uv bulb? Thanks for any help!

Hugues

Re: Post Cure Lamp

Postby Hugues » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 am

Have you tried to place your part in water (transparent glass jar) during UV curing ?
The absence of oxygen greatly reduces curing time, tried it myself.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Tue May 26, 2015 10:22 pm

I already do this, but i still have to wait for the sun to come out.

smsla

Postby smsla » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 am

I saw something about folks using a bulb like this. And I thought a coffee can might work well for a base, so I picked up a small Clamp Light from Home Depot and it rests atop the inner lip of a large empty coffee can. This is an intensely effective UV curing station and may cure too fast for some folks. Some folks may be better off using a commercially available nail polish curing lamp, but I wanted something on par with the commercial grade curing stations for big prints as well as small ones. Remember curing too fast or too long can produce cracks and can damage prints if not careful. Build/use at your own discretion and always remember to use eye and skin protection when working around Ultraviolet light!

Coffee can UV cure station.jpg
My poor-man's Alternative to an expensive $200.00+ UV curing station.

Parts List:
1. ~$40.18 - ADJ Products BLB18W 18-Watt Ultraviolet LED Blacklight Par38 Bulb.
http://www.amazon.com/ADJ-Products-BLB1 ... B00MRH7NWM
2. ~$7.34 HDX 75-Watt Incandescent Clamp Light Model # CE-200PDQ Internet # 100354513 Store SKU # 524603
http://www.dhomedepot.com/p/HDX-75-Watt ... 5yc1vZbm7i
3. Typical used and cleaned large ~33oz. coffee can, preferably one with an inner ledge as pictured.
4. ~$9.27 VELCRO brand One-Wrap Strap 12 ft. x 3/4 in. Model # 90340 Internet # 202261925 Store SKU # 734394
http://www.homedepot.com/p/VELCRO-brand ... /202261925
Last edited by smsla on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Steve H.
USA

dangre

Postby dangre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:03 am

I'm curious how this compares to the 4 x 9w=36w fingernail cure lamps? I've learned much about how wattage may not be the best measurement of actual UV output. Love to see a spectral output map of this lamp. Just curious.
Dan - mUVe 1 DLP

SystemsGuy

Postby SystemsGuy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:24 am

Malber

Postby Malber » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:02 am

I saw this one on instructables some time ago http://m.instructables.com/id/Make-a-VU ... 3D-prints/
Being new to this (still in the process of building my printer) I do not know how well this works, but it seems like a cool idea, so I thougt I'd link it anyway

henderson

Postby henderson » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:10 am

when chose the post curing method, make sure it's suitable with your resin.
if the density of the resin is high, like WIC100, you will need the 300-500W mercury lamp
if the density is low, LED will be enough.
below is wic100 after 15 mins post curing with 500w mercury lamp