Aspect Ratio Changing Mid Print

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcguinnessdr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Aspect Ratio Changing Mid Print

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 am

I was doing a print today and it seems like my aspect ratio or something changed mid print. Have done quite a few prints, first time this has happened. You can see in the attached pictures where the top of the sphere got squished along the x-axis. Has anyone had this problem, know how I can fix it. Going to try and do some more prints tomorrow, hopefully this wont happen again. Thanks for any help!

orangezero

Re: Aspect Ratio Changing Mid Print

Postby orangezero » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

I would assume you've thrown out obvious stuff, like a focusing lens getting knocked around at that point. Have you looked at the slices to make sure it wasn't actually perfectly duplicating a poor set of slices?

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

I turned the projector off, and when i turned it back on it was back to normal. Didn't check the slices, but will do that when i get off work in a few hours.

orangezero

Postby orangezero » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I guess it could also have been a problem with going into a screensaver and when it came out the resolution was changed? Some projectors deal with resolution settings in weird ways. I know I used to get very irritated with some of my older projectors when it went from one display to the next. It may be projector specific, or it may be the way your OS is handling the two displays (if you also have a monitor hooked up).

best of luck. I'm guessing creation workshop has something to keep a screensaver from popping up? Haven't made it that far yet.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Did you start messing with the scene or re-slice during the printing process?

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:42 pm

I checked the slices, they all look correct. I have had issues with the resolution changing when I've plugged it in, turned it on, etc. but the screensaver was turned off, and usually when it comes on my projector defaults to a white screen so a full layer will print, which didn't happen here. I did not change anything in the scene, the most interaction I did was switching programs to see how much time it had left.
I'm going to do another print now, so I'll let you know if this happens again.

mcguinnessdr

Postby mcguinnessdr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Just did another print, same problem in the same place. No idea what's causing it still.