Strange Inconsistent Vertical Scars/Artifacts on Prints

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cwmain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Strange Inconsistent Vertical Scars/Artifacts on Prints

Postby cwmain » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

These test prints on my Droplit have dotted scars or vertical lines all around them . I'm wondering the cause of this so I can fix this. Batman is about 40mm tall and the cube is 14mm.
Below are pics of the prints and my CW settings. I'm using a petri dish with QSIL 216 as a coating http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005RY ... UTF8&psc=1

Has anybody seen this before? Or know how to fix it? Dusty mirror, damaged vat? Bad coat material? Too much exposure? I'm very close to having good prints :D :?: :D Thanks!!

zerospace

Re: Strange Inconsistent Vertical Scars/Artifacts on Prints

Postby zerospace » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 pm

easy solution - it's definitely worn out silicone.
the lines you see - is that small area on your vat coating, which has accidentally worn out / damaged / scratched, etc - definitely due to previous prints,
stuck prints - anything mechanical which could have caused damage.

take care :)

cwmain

Postby cwmain » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks for the reply! I'll fix it!

zerospace

Postby zerospace » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:19 pm

You're welcome, glad I was able to help.