Basic Tutorial

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
parabolic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Basic Tutorial

Postby parabolic » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:33 pm

Hey guys -
Im just getting into this. I have done FFF 3D printing for over 3.5 years and ready to try something new.
Ive read through some posts and noticed theres no "standardized" tutorial for building a SLA printer.
Im thinking of something like when the Prusa Reprap came out - it was more or less the same basic design and was good
for a beginner to start with and modify from. Theres almost too much info here that contradicts one another.
So as a beginner, whats the best, easiest, and most user friendly design to start with? Id like something basic to get my feet wet.
Any recommendations on a good "fool proof" design?
and maybe the closest thing to plug and play projector.
Thanks!
Jeff

Zenon

Re: Basic Tutorial

Postby Zenon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Beginner friendly design: I think top-down setups are pretty straightforward and less finicky than bottom up, so that's probably more beginner friendly.

Projector: Acer H6510BD is Plug&Play

nicanor76

Re: Basic Tutorial

Postby nicanor76 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:05 am

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-hig ... D-printer/
This is the closest thing I've seen for a tutorial (bottom-up). I'm currently starting my first one as well. I'm treating this build as a cheap and dirty build just so I know what I wish I did, then quickly make a 2nd version with more time and effort.