Vacuvorm fep and resin levels.

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
r255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vacuvorm fep and resin levels.

Postby r255 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello every one, i'm Robin new to this forum and hope to contribute as much as i have picked up the past weeks from the people on this forum.

Just wondered if a resin level system like the pet water container would/could work.

Also hope to find some time and fep sheets to try and vacuform a disposable resin vat

AndersonTa

Re: Vacuvorm fep and resin levels.

Postby AndersonTa » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 am

Yes, something like this does work. I've seen some setups where the bottle is upside down and runs a tube into the vat. It's a bit nicer to hide a tube than a whole bottle.

Makes sense to also have a shut off of some sort too.

As for the FEP, are you in the US? I can send you some to try.
@AndersonHTa

r255

Postby r255 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:33 am

Hey AndersonTa, thanks for confirming,... !

I had this idea as i am a top downer and my resin level seems to drop kind of fast with some large printing projects.
Tube, a tap! ( good one ) and two nipples to connect to would be the most easiest way i guess.

Thanks a lot for the FEP offer, but i am abroad.... the Netherlands to be specific :O)
I' have to find a source for fep to use in my flexible resin vat any way.
But the offer is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Robin

r255

Postby r255 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:11 am

https://plus.google.com/103500861087395 ... WAN5oMpFw8

So i did a fast 1st test and it seems fep can be formed.

Guess a heat gun is far from perfect as it heats locally and makes you break the foil easy.... as that is what happend.
but the shape keeps on standing, so i guess that makes FEP formable if conditions are right.