Projector Safety

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BMMal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Projector Safety

Postby BMMal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

I want to warn anyone who hasn't realized this already. If you close CW while your projector is still on it is obviously going to display your desktop. I highly recommend switching your desktop background to black as a safety precaution.

Last night I left my machine running in the shop at work to finish up a print. The host PC is shared with an Objet. One of my coworkers saw that my machine had finished and therefore closed CW when he went to work with the Objet. When he did this, the projector was still on and resin was still in the vat. The blue desktop background over a relatively short period of time was enough to cause the resin in the vat to exotherm. I did not witness it, but I know (from previous experience with composites) that thermosets release some toxic smoke when they exotherm. The other down side is the thermal stress ended up cracking my vat in several places and it will likely need to be replaced completely. It is not that likely that it would have caused a full out fire but it's certainly still possible.