multiple projectors

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
farmermac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

multiple projectors

Postby farmermac » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Hello folks

I am totally new here and am learning all I can from you brilliant people.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
From what I understand the closer the projector is to the resin the tighter the resolution of the print? or is the individual projector have a set distance that works optimally?
2nd question: can you use 2 projectors to increase the size of a detailed print? And has anyone here done this? would this creation works software handle 2 projectors?
3rd question: what kind of maximum print sizes are you guys getting? or do problems start to happen when you go bigger?

Thank you guys a lot.
I hope to soon join this team and make one of these printers.

Finhead

Re: multiple projectors

Postby Finhead » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:02 pm

IMO and this is just from printing in the last 4-5 months a large VAT/print area is just going to give more issues than it's worth. If you want to print large objects FFD printers are far better options, I have 2 Deltabot prints and one Makerbot and they all print nice large pieces far easier and cheaper than SLA.
That said I think the max size of one Full HD projector is as large as I would 19.2cm X 10.8cm.

I don't think CW can use 2 projectors at this point, if you would like to go that route here is a site that has. It's open source and he also sells kits.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:36 pm