Anodizing Aluminum (For Build Plate)

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anodizing Aluminum (For Build Plate)

Postby Finhead » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Not sure if this would be of interest to anyone or if it's too common knowledge. Just did some anodizing for the first time yesterday and would be happy to post up the process I used if anyone has the interest.

Clinton
Last edited by Finhead on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phife

Re: Anodizing Aluminum

Postby Phife » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:40 pm

I am thinking of trying this to stop my parts from detaching early from my build plate. I would be very interested to hear about your experience!

Finhead

Re: Anodizing Aluminum (For Build Plate)

Postby Finhead » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm

darrin3d

Postby darrin3d » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 am

Very nice! Thanks for the detailed post - I may have to try this.

erenaud

Postby erenaud » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:13 pm

We also have a B9 Creator, and the build plate of the B9 is also anodized.
I can confirm that it has better adhesion than the Form1 build plate, which is not anodized.