3D scans.

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
bipbay
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3D scans.

Postby bipbay » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:34 am

Hello sir

I've just build my own scanner too , by using two pointgrey 1.3MP camera and a acer projector
Everything works well and the calibration have 84-85% average .
How every the scan result was bad, the size was 0.6mm off all the way around, what do you think the problem is ?
Also I would like to ask, when you align the two camera, do you align them at the same point of the view ? I point them both at the dot that I put on a board and on the software show the dot as right on the center of the red cross but when the board moves , the point changes ... is this the problem that makes my scan output have the wrong size ?
Thanks

Alex

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:44 pm

bipbay
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby bipbay » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Hello seasick

Thanks for your reply , I'm not sure if both of my cameras are having the same firmware , how do I check ?
I place the scanner about 40cm apart, left-right 20cm form the projector lens , scanning object is about 50cm far, that's too close ?
the calibration went fine, the object looks prefect after scan, but the actual size went smaller , is 6mm smaller, if I scan a ball , is 6mm smaller , scan a shoe is 6mm shorter east-west and north-south
I've tried with three size of calibration board and still the same output.
I don't need like exact exact output but 6mm seems unacceptable
Also guys, any of you wants the software I have copy of both 32 and 64bit, let me know

Alex

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:08 pm

bipbay

Postby bipbay » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Hello Seasick

Thanks again for your reply .
I'm currenty using 3.17 , and I didn't see the ballbar tuning in the software, where is it at ?
What version you're using ?
Thanks

Alex

bipbay

Postby bipbay » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:51 am

BTW, I was the one asking question on you tube as well.. so you don't need to reply in both place :D

seasicksinbad

Postby seasicksinbad » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Attachments
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (25.09 KiB) Viewed 16202 times

bipbay

Postby bipbay » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 am

Seasick

YEa, that was me , I've been trirping on the net and couldn't found anybody have post anyting like that, Thanks !!!
I'll try look into it again tonight when I get back.
On the ball tune, is that mean we place a ball that have a diameter of 5cm and if the scanner couldn't read 5cm then we tell the system that the ball is 5cm ? so it will re-calbrate it self with the number we input in ?
Am I correct ?

thanks

Alex

bipbay

Postby bipbay » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 am

hello seasick

on the ballbar tuning , do i input the lenght of the bar or the diameter of the ball ?
thx man

alex