Photon Uv Upgrade

General discussion of topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hughes674
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Photon Uv Upgrade

Postby hughes674 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:38 am

Hi All

Fairly new to the 3d printer world. I recently bought a used Anycubic Photon. I am well impressed with the machine but was wondering if it was possible to improve the print speed by upgrading the Led UV's. The standard arrangement is a bank of 4 leds with a combined power of around 25watts.

If I was to use for instance a 50watt arrangement would this decrease the cure time in half. Or is there only so much UV that can penetrate the LCD screen. The cure time is around 10 seconds with a 0.1mm layer at the moment but with the LED's removed and pointing directly at the resin it cures in under 2 seconds. So obviously the LCD is restricting the passage of UV to a certain degree.

I was thinking of using the existing power to the led's to operate a relay which will switch the new LED bank, so as not to pull more power than the board can handle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mick